Rick was born and raised in the heart of the Midwest, Omaha, Nebraska. While growing up in the Midwest he developed strong Midwest Values, which include working hard, taking care of your family and treating others the way you would want to be treated. And he has lived these values his entire life.
Rick was a single parent to four children. Along with raising four children he worked full-time while continuing his education. Rick has a diverse background including twenty years of experience as a business owner, and developing and instructing college/trade curriculum. Rick is also a licensed real estate agent.
On their first visit Rick, and his wife Lisa, fell in love with Arizona, and shortly afterward moved to the Phoenix area.
After arriving in Arizona, Rick contributed to the Arizona economy by starting a small business, which focused on the North West Valley area. Rick also became an active volunteer in the community that he loves. Rick belongs to and serves, or has served, in the following organizations:
- Board member Sun City Homeowner’s Association (SCHOA) and Chair for the Governmental Affairs Committee
- Board member of the Sun City Community Assistance Network
- Board member Sun City Area Transit
- Member of the Peoria Rotary Club
- Precinct and State Committeeman
- Elected 2nd Vice Chair for Republican Legislative District 9
Rick has also been elected to the Arizona House of Representative for 3 terms and has served as:
- House Majority Whip
- Chair of House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
- Vice Chair of Rules
- Vice Chair of Commerce
- Member of the Appropriations, Way & Means, County & Municipal Affairs Committees
Rick graduated from Grace University earning a Bachelor of Science degree with a dual major of Organizational Leadership and Biblical Studies.
Rick lives in Sun City, Arizona, with his wife, Lisa. Rick and Lisa attend Christ Church of the Valley and are blessed to call Arizona their home.